For small business, it’s critical to find a fast, reliable and full-managed web hosting when creating a website, by which they could avoid hiring an IT engineer and at the same time they could ensure the uptime and performance of their website. Best Small Business Hosting in below are web hosts who have 10 years experience in supporting all-sizes of businesses to host their websites. They are your best hosting choice when launching a web site with business purposes.
Best Small Business Hosting 2017
|Rank||Business Hosting||Basic Features||Advanced Features||Price||Rating||Website|
Inmotion Hosting Review
And please refer to How We Select the Hosting Award Winners about the process we select the hosting award winners.
Why They are the Best Small Business Hosting
We understand how important a web hosting to the online business. An un-stable system will destroy all the effort to build up reputation online. So, all the winners of Best Small Business Hosting award will need to meet the criterias like:
- Guarantee at least 99.9% uptime
- Provide an easy to access support system, including Live Chat Support, Phone Support, Email support and Online web hosting knowledge base.
- Years of experience in continuously providing top level support to their customers.
- Provided various web hosting solutions from shared web hosting, vps hosting to dedicated hosting so that you can upgrade your hosting solution easily without going through a time-consuming and high risk web site migration process when your business grows
- The price need to be affordable
Finally, Inmotion Hosting, Bluehost and HostGator surpass all the competitors, and win this award for their years of delivering high quality service to their customers and exceed their expectation continuously. No matter you are a small business, medium-size business or enterprise, you could always find the right solution from them.
#1 Best Small Business Hosting – Inmotion Hosting
Inmotion Hosting is a web host who focuses on delivering business level hosting solution to its customers. Its hosting services cover shared hosting, vps hosting and dedicated server hosting, its customers can progressively upgrade their accounts based on the growth of their sites.
Inmotionhosting has the highest customer satisfaction in the industry with a great ‘A-‘ rating from BBB. From infrastructure perspective, InmotionHosting are extremely proud to be the only shared hosting service provider who running Data Center in multiple location, which will allow its customers to choose one which is close to their locations to gain the best access speed. The company also use high performance web server with SSD so that all websites could be run very fast and smoothly.
Inmotion Hosting guarantees 99.9% up time and 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not happy with its service, you could ask for full money back within the first 90 days, or prorated refund after it. The company now is promoting their price at 50% off, small business could spend as low as $3.49/mo to test out their service.
InmotionHosting is the fast web hosting for business. To know more about InmotionHosting Business hosting solution, visit Inmotionhosting now.
Popular Small Business Hosting – Bluehost
As one of the top 10 web hosting in the industry, Bluehost runs its business with a mission to “serve as a complete resource for anyone with a project on the Web”. After 15+ years running, Bluehost have become the best rated web hosts in many independent web hosting reviewers (including us as well) for their reliable product, courteous customer support, and affordable price. They have achieved unbelievable 100% uptime in 2010.
Bluehost business level hosting solution is quite affordable with Zend-Optimizer enable which could increase the performance of your PHP application 3-4 times compared with the normal hosting environment. Bluehost is the the perfect choice for php open source application hosting (such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, etc).
To know more about Bluehost, please visit Bluehost, to signup Bluehost service, you could follow below Bluehost coupon like to receive 60% off, after which the price is as low as $2.95/mo.
Besides it’s business class web hosting, Bluehost also offer one of the industry most popular full-managed VPS hosting to businesses, which include WHM/cPanel, high performance server, and more at a price from $14.99/mo only.
High Quality Small Business Hosting – Hostgator
With millions of domains hosted, HostGator is one of the best web hosting in the world. It has been awarded as the 21st fastest growing privacy company in Inc. 5000 list, which is the highest ranking web hosting companies have won so far and it also demonstrates how well HostGator is.
Hostgator has setup very fast connections from their data center to all the other continents, with which your small business web site can response quickly to the traffic from world wide (not just in US). The Instance backup features will help you backup all the data to your local with a simple click and keep your business in safe.
Visit Hostgator to know more about the company.
Small Business Hosting Guide
Before you start going through below small business web hosting guide, I would like suggest you go through Basic Web Hosting Guide first, you will find very comprehensive and general guide for web hosting, not just for small business, and it would be helpful for you to understand what we said in below.
Why Small Businesses Need Websites
When it comes to reasons for building websites for small business, you would be able to give out more reason than I can do. And below are just part of them:
- Convenience for prospects: your website contains company introduction, contact information and company addresses, which are convenient for prospects to find you.
- Credibility: customers prefer searching you online these days to see your customer reviews, company details etc. If you have a own website, that will be better.
- Popularity: You would never want to be a small business. Your official website will help you known by not only local customers but also customers in local near by or far places.
Choose a Domain Name for Your Small Business Site
To begin with, you need to select a domain name for your small business web site, think about something that will be meaningful to your business and easy to be remembered. For more about what’s domain, and how to find a best name for your small business site, please refer to What’s Domain Name.
Basic Web Hosting Requirement for a Small Business Website
This section will talk about the general requirement of web hosting plan for small business, such as disk space, data transfer, reliability etc. These are the basic features you need to consider when you search a web hosting plan.
- For small business website, a shared Linux Server web hosting plan is the best option. You can also build your website by ASP.NET or .NET if you really want to do. But it will spend you more energy as well as more money.
- As for reliability, 99.9% uptime is a must. Never choose a in-stable web host that will hurt your business. And high access speed is expected as well. Your customer will visit your competitor’s web site if yours is too slow
- According to a range of real cases, webmasters usually cost less than 100 M disk space. But this still depending on what you put in your website. If you present large files or many pictures, you need more storage naturally. And the fact is the most of web hosting providers give unlimited disk space due to competition. So you can just take it.
- About Email account, 100 Email accounts will be enough in the most cases and a majority of web hosting companies will give you more accounts than you require.
- If you want your customer make a purchase on the web site, then you need the basic e-commerce cart support like Shopping Cart, SSL support or Paypal. But if your web site is just used to publish some information about your company or introduce your business, then e-Commerce support is not important for you.
- The next factor to think about is the server location. It would be a good idea to host websites in servers, which is close to your targeted customers, even if you are not in that country. For example, if you want to sell something in UK, it would be better to host your site in UK servers so that your customers can visit the server faster, and it is also a way to show your respect to your customers.
- In general, you will get a free domain name when you order a web hosting plan, and if you only want one site, I would like to suggest you to get a web hosting plan that only host one website. Don’t pay for what you don’t need. But if you have plan to build more than one web site, then you will need to choose a plan which can host more than one site, this kinds of plan will save you a lot money and you will only need to pay for the annual fee for Domain.
- Support: We recommend you to order a web hosting plan, which includes 24*7 professional courteous support with toll free phone, online live chat and email support to make sure the issue of the web site can be resolved quickly.
Advanced Web Hosting Requirements for Small Business Web Site
In this section, we will talk about what advanced requirement you might want from web hosting company. Besides hosting your web site, you might want something to help you setting up the web site and promoting it easily. Below are some more options which web hosting company might add to their web hosting plan.
- Free Advertising Credit
Get some advertising credit from Google or Yahoo to promote your web site and drive the traffic to your business site, it’s a good start to practice your internet marketing skill. There are many companies giving your some free Advertise Credit, which is even greater than $100, such as Bluehost and Hostmonster .
- SEO Tools
We will need some SEO tools to help us promoting the web site, you might want web hosting company can provide those kinds of tools so that you have no need to searching the internet and find one.
- Web Design Tools
If you or your team know about HTML, and the usage of the tool like Frontpage, you will no need to have Web Design tools in your web hosting plan, otherwise, it would be good to have some basic web design tools included otherwise you will have to pay some more money to get someone else to build the web site.
No great comment for this one, just keep in mind that you pay for what you get. And free web hosting is not recommended for a small business, some of the reasons are listed in below:
Generally, free hosting does not allow you to use your own domain name, and you will be stuck with something like www.freehosting.com/(yourbusinessname). That is certainly no advantage for your small business. But most of the paid web hosts offer a free domain name one you sign up with their service.
Resources – storage
Different hosting services come with different resources; the main one that you would be concerned is the storage.
- Most popular free web hosts offer storage ranging from 1500MB to around 10GB
- Paid web hosting always offers customers unlimited storage space resource
Considering that you run a small business website, you may need more space to manage content and expand your site in the future, so paid web hosting would not get you into trouble.
Upgrade or Transfer
For free hosting, it is quite difficult to move your website to another new web host, and you may lose many customers during the progress because you cannot redirect your old website.
However, paid hosting always provides advanced solutions and easy upgrade services. As the customer, you are allowed to download your whole site if you plan to transfer to another host. Furthermore, some hosts even help you the entire transfer process as free.
Quality support service is quite important to business owners. Simply put, you could not expect comprehensive support from free hosting, but paid hosting service always comes with 24/7 timely and patient supports via multiple phone call, live chat and email methods to help you out.
For the favor, free hosting will put many ads on your website; you have no ability to control over the advertising. As a small business owner, this would cause negative impact on your own business.
Web Hosting Plan for Small Business Web Site
Small business web hosting is the largest market of Web Hosting industry. So, we can say you are lucky and unlucky at the same time. Lucky here means you will have a lot of companies to choose from, but unlucky side is it’s really too many there and not all those companies can provide what they promise, you might be scammed and put your business in risk. So you will have to search the internet, compare a lot of different plans and read the web hosting review document. It would take you a lot of time and make you tired. In BestHosting365, we try to make us a comfortable and reliable web hosting marketplace for those who is looking for web hosting solution. We have spent a lot of time on studying the industry of web hosting, and carefully select a list of the reputed companies which are providing web hosting plan for small business web site in above.
High-Quality Hosting Service Helps Improve Business Marketing
According to researches, web hosting service with high quality can effectively help businesses improve the implementation of interactive marketing in some ways. Normally, personals and even businesses choose a web hosting provider still looking at their hosting prices, technologies and trustworthy recommendations.
Admittedly, these are hugely important factors that form the fundamentals of the market research. Especially for business owners, they should also be aware of the negative effect that choosing a wrong provider could have on the initiatives of interactive marketing, at the same time.
In spite of price, technology and recommendation, what are the other factors should be taken into account when choose hosting for business.
There is no one would want to invest more money to a third-party company for their web analytics service, so it is necessary to check out whether the hosting provider offers the web analytics packages or statistical report or not.
Compare different providers who have planned connections with powerful website measurement tools, and also integrated them into the hosting packages without any extra fees could help those businesses owners make the perfect decision.
Website Building Tools
For those businesses who are lack of the web development resources, website building tool is a good feature they should consider. Now, most of the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) website building apps impede the site optimization for search engines. When searching these kinds of tools, customers have to be careful about their impacts on search engine marketing.
E-commerce feature, offered by many provider nowadays, is another key factor and basic requirement for business owners intending to sell online. Even if they do not choose a pure E-commerce solution from the beginning, they must ensure the hosting package supports E-commerce features.
Since email is an efficient way for business owners to make marketing, so a quality hosting service should come with reliable and consistent email delivery. Meanwhile, the provider should also have to the ability to protect customers’ businesses from spammers and attackers.
One more vital factor is hosting provider’s server uptime because downtime will cause enormous losses for almost all forms of online businesses. Visitors, most of them are potential customers, will not have the patience to wait for a long time for the page loading. It destroys company brand as well as search engine rankings.
Choosing the right web hosting provider is a serious and tough task and it will have considerable impact on business marketing strategy, business owners should keep this in mind. High-quality business hosting service plays a crucial role in improving business marketing, instead of forming obstructions that work against it.