Domain name is the name of a web site and it’s one of the most important assets of the online business. To buy a domain won’t cost you a lot. In below, we list out domain registration fees from 5 popular registrars who offer cheap domain name at a low price. Even better, you can register almost all the domain extensions through them.
Web Hosting with Free Domain
Quite a lot of web hosts offer free domain in their hosting package, which will save you around $10/year to own a web site. And, below are 6 popular web hosts with free domain included. All of them are well-known hosting service providers with very good reputation in offering high quality web hosting solutions. If you need both domain name and hosting, then they are the best choice for you.
What’s Domain Name – Ultimate Guide on Domain
Find a good domain is the first step of creating a website. In below, we will talk about everything you need to know about a domain, and put your domain in safe.
What’s Domain Name
Every website typically has a name, like www.besthosting365.com is the name of our website. It refers to the space on the web where one’s website is physically situated. And this kind of website name is called as Domain Name or Domain sometimes.
A domain name forms the address of your web site and can use .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz, .tv and more as ends that are Domain Extensions. A variety of domain extensions are here for your to choose but .com is the most common one. And every country owns their unique domain extensions too, for example, domain “.co.uk” is from UK, “.cn” is from China and “.jp” from Japan. So before you apply for a domain name, you have to select a domain extension for your site in the light of target readers. If your website is aimed at every reader worldwide, you had better choose .com. However, if your readers are almost Chinese, .cn is a good idea or .com for it is so common.
When you’re applying for your domain name, you will be shown with the choice of keeping your name private – a advanced feature you’ll possibly want to benefit from.
A private domain registration will keep your private information including name, email address, etc. out of the global Internet database, and will also prevent much spam from arriving at your email box.
Even if applying for a “private” domain name is not coercive and will not prevent all spam, I strongly recommend you to choose this option. I certainly wished this had been available when I created my first site. When registering the domain, you might need to pay some additional annual fee (usually about $1 to $2) to get a “private protect” domain.
The WHOIS database is used to determine the owner of a domain name, or an IP address. You can use a web-based WHOIS clients, such as https://www.hostucan.com/whois, to query WHOIS database.
When you register different domain extensions from different domain register, the price are different, you can refer to Domain Registration to know more about how to register a cheap price domain
Parked domain names are domains names that are registered, but are not active for website. Parking domain names is useful if you have a domain name that you would like to reserve, but do not intend to use immediately. One of the advantages of parking domain names is that your domain is available when you are ready to use it. If you have a domain that you do not intend to use for a period of time, you may want to park it and save on monthly fees.
You can park your domain to another domain name if its owner agrees on it.
An add-on domain is a domain that points to a folder within a website, but is not merely a redirect to it, as is a parked domain. For example, supposing a website’s URL was www.maindomain.com, you could set up an add-on domain such as www.addondomain.com to point to www.maindomain.com/subdirectory/. Users visiting www.addondomain.com/file.html would actually be seeing www.maindomain.com/subdirectory/file.html, even though ‘www.addondomain.com/file.html’ would appear as the address in their browser.
Transferring a domain usually happens when you want to change your domain register. In order to do it, you will need to unlock your domain in your old domain control panel. And then start register the same domain with the other domain register.
After you finish domain transfer, you will need to change the name server for your domain. If you don’t know you new name server, you can ask it from your new domain register.
Why Domain Name is Important?
Choosing a good domain name is crucial to every business. In below, we will explain why.
Domain name identifies and gives an image for your business, and that makes it a good way to increase the business’s visibility among potential customers and visitors. A short and proper domain name hugely improves the opportunity that people will remember your website, recommend it to others, and even come back again.
Similar to brand recognition, credibility tend to help convert some of your visitors to customers, actually. Getting a professional and relevant domain name is a great signal for presenting people how seriously you take your business. And it not only makes people more comfortable when purchasing, but also proves that you and your business deserve their trust.
Positive Search Result Rankings
In addition to visitors and customers, you domain name is also important in where your website appears in search engine rankings.
In general, it is widely believed that the top-level domain like .com will receive more attention than .co.uk extensions. Moreover, if your domain name with business keywords contained, it is likely to appear higher search engine rankings. For instance, if you sell bags, a domain name that includes “bags” in it will do better than the one without the keyword.
Flexibility and Uniqueness
Once you get your desired domain name, you would better consider registering some other related domain names with different extensions like .biz, .net, .co and etc. to keep the flexibility and uniqueness of your business.
With the development of your business, you might expand it in other languages, countries or other fields. More importantly, register with other extensions will help protect your brand from misuse.
How to Select the Best Domain Name?
All websites typically have a name – just like we are called www.BestHosting365.com – This is a name that points to the space on the web where your website is physically located. And we call this name of websites as Domain Name (sometimes, just call it as Domain)
A domain name makes up the address of your site and can end in .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz, .tv and more, which we call the Domain Extentions. You have many domain extentions for choice, but the most common one is .com. And each country can have their own domain extention as well, such as “.co.uk” is a domain from UK, “.cn” is for China and “.jp” for Japan. So before you apply for a domain name, you will need to decide a domain extentions for your web site based on your target readers, if it’s worldwide, .com is the best choice for you, but if you want to only target Chinese, you can choose .cn (.com is also a good choice since it’s so common).
How to Select the Best Domain Name
Below are some tips for selecting a domain name:
- Register a name that contains your major keywords, such as you design a web site to guide people how to find the web hosting solution, it would be better to include ‘webhosting” or “hosting” in the domain name, such “BestHosting365”, “hostingclue”, etc. This should be followed if being found in the major search engines (Google, MSN, etc.) is extremely important to you.Think about it. The average surfer searches by subject, not by proper name. So why it may seem cool to have a name like RaysTool.com for Software development site, you’ll want to choose a name that includes keywords that your target audience would likely use when they search.So with that in mind, a name like RaysDevTool.com would be much better than RaysTool.com.If the domain is for a company, you might want to put your company name in domain. I think it’s fine if your company is famous or attracting free traffic to your web site is not important. But keep in mind that you need to advertise the whole domain instead of the feature of your site. Such as if you create a site for webhosting with domain name “whc”, please make sure you promote your site a lot as “whc.com” to increase the influence of Brand “whc”, and usually, it take money and time.
- Very often that you can’t get the domain name you want, someone else has got it registered. You can try to add “the”, ”my”, or “your” to your favorite domain name, it’s still a good choice. But people are likely to forget to affix the necessary “the” or “my”. For that reason, you need to advertise the site with full domain name, such as “theBestHosting365.com” instead of “webhosting”.Try not to use the plural form of the domain name, it’s more possible that the visitor failing to type the “s” than affix “the” or “my”.
- Don’t register domain names that are too long and have too many syllables if you can help it. Yes, you can register names up to 67 characters long, but that doesn’t mean you have to use all 67 characters.You want your name to be easy to remember. Not everyone will bookmark your page initially so try to think of something that can be easily remembered — although I realize this may be tricky since a lot of names are taken these days.Try to register the short name which is meaningful, don’t make it too abbreviated, such as make BestHosting365 to BH365, it would be hard to remember and nobody will know what the site is for unless you want to promote whc to be well known brand, and it’s usually very hard and need a lot of money.Meaningful web site is very important even sometimes it make domain name longer, since it have an advantage in that they fare better in a number of search engines. The latter give preference to keywords that are also found in your domain names. So, for example, if you have a site on web hosting with a domain name like cheapwebhosting.com, it might fare better in a search for “cheap web hosting” than the site like onlinemoneyclue.com.
- Try don’t use hyphens as much as possible. Beside it’s a pain in the neck to type, the user tend to forget to type hyphens, and when they forget it, it’s very possible that they will be directed to your competitor’s site.But in the other word, the non-hyphenated form may no longer be available. At least this way, you still get the domain you want. And search engines (such as Google) can distinguish your keywords better and thus return your site more prominently in search results for those keywords occurring in your domain name.So Personally, I prefer to avoid hyphenated names if I can, but I guess it really depends on your domain name and your situation. Before you register a domain with hyphens, try to think about a alternative domain name.
- Register the appropriate domain extension for your web site. The answer for it is not as straightforward as you might think. If your website is to local community, such as you target at the people living in UK, it would be better that you register after co.uk. And actually, you will benefit from having such a local domain because the people there know that they are dealing with a local entity, which is what they want. Such as: they might tend to order a pizza from pizza.co.uk and not pizza.com.But if your website is to international, it would be better to get a extension as “.com”, “.org” etc. You will get some benefit from it, for example:If you get a country specific domain, people might think that your business only caters to that country. But for others, we know it’s internalized.Each extension has their own meaning, such as .org actually describes the non-profit nature of their organization. And .com is a common extension for all, if you type BestHosting365 in browse, it will automatically direct to BestHosting365.com before attempting other extension like “.net”, etc.As you can see, there are actually good grounds for accepting any domain extensions. My personal footnote to the above arguments is that if you get a domain name with an extension other than “.com”, make sure that you promote your business or website with the full domain name. For example, if your domain name is “onlinemoneyclue.net”, make sure that when you advertise your site or business, call it “onlinemoneyclue.net” not “onlinemoneyclue”. Otherwise people will assume a “.com” extension and travel to the wrong place.
- Protect your name by registering multiple extensions (.net, .org, etc.) This deters people from copying your name. For example, if you own garden-tips-for-us.com you can also register garden-tips-for-us.net and any other extension that’s available.You don’t have to build a site on all the domains, but you can reserve the others to keep people (copycats) from registering them.
Protect Your Privacy
As you’re registering your name, you will be presented with the option of keeping your domain name private – a deluxe feature you’ll probably want to take advantage of.
A private domain registration will keep your information (name, email address, etc.) out of the global Internet database, and will prevent a lot of spam from reaching your email box.
Even though registering a “private” domain is not mandatory and will not block all spam, I highly recommend you select this option. I certainly wish this had been available when I created my first site. Most domain registrars, such as 1and1 and GoDaddy, offer this service with an annual fee at around $10.
Why Domain Privacy?
When you register a domain, your name, email, phone number, address is all entered into a public database & it can be viewed & used by anyone, basically it’s exposed to all public.
Privacy for Domains is very essential especially if you want to reduce identity theft, unwanted spam, Fraud etc. According to The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICAAN) rules you have to provide genuine contact information. ICAAN is the company that controls the use of domain names. Below is a domain privacy example:
A good domain privacy service helps protect the domain owner’s personal information from spammers and identity thieves and unwanted marketing efforts & will securely mask & substitute it with generic information provided by a proxy service operated by the web host company. Domain privacy services can be purchased from registrars through the domain that they register with. The details & information from the company registering becomes available through what is known as a WHOIS database. Unfortunately, these details is also available to marketers, promoters & even hackers who collect this information & use it to place you on mailing lists, spam your email & also attempt identify theft.
So nothing is 100% safe in the technology world but stay in control, you can decide what information you wish to make public through your actual website, just remember to provide safe contact information that your customers/users & yourself can feel comfortable using.
How to Secure Your Domain?
Domain buyers are generally being called domainers, and there are differences between domainers. The standards of good domainers are that they buy domains to legitimate use, reselling purposes are also included, and ensure the domains they brought are non-branded.
However, not all domainers can be placed in the good circle. There are some domainers who would make use of all means to get it once they find a specific domain. What’s worse, they even scruple at nothing to invade registrant’s privacy. This is absolutely unacceptable. Maybe many registrants did not notice that domain stealing is dangerous, it could even ruin the business.
And this is time to tell registrants to protect their domain and how.
Register Domain from Reputable Registrar
Sometimes, domain registrar itself is bad domainer. They might not allow you to transfer domains, and sometimes might keep them for their own. So choosing a reputable domain registrar is the first step to secure your domain. What we use most is Godaddy and NameCheap, and you could find mores from HostUCan domain search tools which lists out many trusted domain registrars and their registration fees.
Do not forget Domain Lock
A domain lock is safety system, which could protect domain name from other registrars’ unauthorized transfer. In some cases, this option might need to be disabled, but keep this in mind once operations are done, re-enable domain lock. This is very important.
Domain lock is offered automatically when people register a new domain name.
WHOIS protection is necessary
With WHOIS protection, the registrants’ information, such as generalities, email, phone contact and home address, would be completely hided. WHOIS hidden service is charged, but some registrars like Name.com and NameCheap.com, they provide this service free for the first year.
Let domain expire is awful
There is a domain acquisition tool – Domain Backorder domainers can use to take registrants’ domain as long as the domain expires. So renew domain names in a timely manner could improve domain sercurity.
Leave those offensive messages alone
Maybe some domainers would make harassment or threaten, just leave them alone. If it cannot be ignored, then do something. Report to domain registrar and email provider or to the available ISP of domainers.
Don’t give in
Actually, domainers are very smart. They attempts to take control, and “steal” registrants’ domain without any permission. Let them take domain This is nonsense! Secure domain, and do not let bad domainers take advantages.
Make it clear
Make the position clear that the domain is not for sale, a homepage would be great. If it possible, registrants can make an ‘Organization Name’ or additional ‘Street Address’ fields. This would definitely reduce the chances that receive requests from domainers.
Finally, this may not be comprehensive, but if every registrant did these 7 steps, this is absolutely can make a higher level for domain security.
How to Transfer Domain Names to Another Registrar?
For webmasters and online business owners, domain names are kind of identifications and brand names for their websites. And that not only makes find good domain names cautious, but also makes transfer them becoming a very important part.
The domain name transfer process gets registrars involved, while the registrars will take care of the management of the domain records. Moreover, people no need to worry about because domain transfer would not affect their websites, emails and DNSs. Just in case, they can also back up their entire website files, including layouts and contents.
Here, we introduce a clear and complete guide for people to figure out how to transfer domains names to another registrar, and what they need to do to prepare the process.
- According to the rule of ICANN, people are not allowed to transfer their domain name to another registrar until 60 days. As the result, if people are ready to transfer their domains, they must ensure that at least 60 days have passed since they registered or last transferred their domain names.
- Locked domain name cannot be transferred. Before transferring, people have to make sure their domain is unlocked, and then confirm the domain transfer with both the old and new registrars.
- Since new registrar will send a confirmation email to the domain administrative contact, so people have to give the correct email address. The transfer process will not be completed if they cannot receive the email.
- When registering a domain name, some people will choose the private domain registration service to protect their domain, website and information from spam. But if they decide to transfer their domain, they would better to disable the feature; otherwise they are not able to receive confirmation or emails from new register.
- People need to go the Domain Control Panel and click the “View Your Authorization Code” link to obtain the authorization code. Print it and give it to the new registrar to verify the whole process.
- After finishing above steps, people can contact the new registrar to start the domain transfer process. Here is a situation, if people modify any step, they should be better to wait at least 24 hours before the updates to be recognized.
- New registrar will give normal 5 days to approval request email typically, or the transfer will be regarded as rejected. This second approval is necessary for the domain transfer from the registrar.
If people also change their web hosting provider, they should change the name servers to the new web host before starting transfer their domain name. Once the transfer process is initiated, they have to wait until the domain has been transferred to the new registrar.
In terms of a domain name transfer fee, different domain registrars provide with different prices but can usually be found in the range of $4.99 to $15.99. People can expect friendly, affordable and reliable transfer service from big names such as 1and1, GoDaddy, NameCheap and Network Solutions.
Where to Buy and Sell a Domain?
The domain name industry is active, competitive and also profitable, and it makes no surprise that so many personals and companies are getting involved in buying and selling domain names.
Through the market, in addition to auction websites like GoDaddy and Sedo both offer customers tools to help them purchase domains which are ready for sale, there are many web hosts and domain registrars also provide services and products for selling domain names.
If people want to buy a domain name for their websites or they are interested in profiting from the fast-growing domain business, they can leverage below 2 major domain market in the industry.
Industry Largest Domain Market – Sedo
Sedo (www.sedo.com) is one of the most famous and the largest domain name and website marketplace and domain parking provider based in many countries. It has over 16 million domain names listed on its website for buying and selling.
For the available domains, Sedo will connect both buyers and sellers to make it extremely simple for people to acquire the domain names they need for their online presence and success. If people want to buy or sell domains, they can take advantages of Sedo services such as domain appraisals, brokerage services, promotion and its popular domain parking program.
GoDaddy (www.godaddy.com) is the world’s biggest domain registrar, and it offers reliable and the cheapest domain service to customers. There are many new domains available on its website for pre-registration.
GoDaddy built a special platform GoDaddy Auctions, where members are allowed to place a bid, make an offer and buy or sell currently registered domain names. With it, buyers can find domain names not available anywhere else, while sellers can profit from its low commission fees.
How to Protect Your Domain Names?
Normally, many of you may directly start the online experience just after registering a domain name. Is your domain name really safe? Unfortunately, if you are not well-prepared, there will be an amount of risks which can result in the permanent loss of your domain.
Even worse, both for individuals and business owners, it is quite easy for someone to steal or ruin reputations and businesses away from you by misrepresenting domain names associated with your websites or businesses in cyberspace.
So, how to protect your domain names from cyber dangers, In addition to private domain name registration, here are other several measures to take toward assuring that your domain names are not undermined or stolen easily.
Consider a Registered Trademark
One of the feasible protective strategies is to consider register your trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. There are millions of domain names that are being registered and renewed every year, having your domain name listed in the government registry is the very right way to go.
Proper Ownership of Your Domain
The domain name information registered is the ownership information that means, remember that you or your business should always be listed as the administrative contact. As this person will be authorized to change or modify the ownership of domain names, so do not enable an outside website designer or others be listed as either the administrative contact or the domain owner.
Do not Let Domain Name Expire
Many fraudulent transfers are because of domain name expirations and also out of date contact information. So, you should always keep eyes on your domain names’ expiration dates. You can ask your registrar if they offer features or options such as automatic expiration date tracking or auto-renewal, etc., in case of you forget to renew your domain name.
Be Careful of Using Free Email
Many of you use free email accounts when registering a domain name. However, a great number of free email services will suspend or delete your account automatically if do not login regularly. If your email account is deleted, then hackers can have chances to sign up for your same email address and use it to give permission to transfer your domain name away. Or it is necessary to pay to upgrade your email account.
Lock on Your Domain Name
Making sure that your domain registrar can lock on your domain record at the registry level, and it will prevent it from being transferred, modified or deleted by others. The service is quite useful for helping protect your domain name. If the registrar does not provide the feature, you may need to consider transfer your domain to another registrar.
Register more than One Extension
If your website or business goes well and you want to protect your domain and brand, you can register all of the common extensions of your domain, such as .net, .me, .biz and so on. Besides, if you plan to expand online presence outside of the country, you definitely need to register some country extension like .uk, .cn, and etc.
Simply put, domain name is an investment in more than just your website or business. Many little mistakes will cause your domain be hacked. So, do not hesitate to take measures to protect your domain name, and also ensure you a successful online experience.
Where to Buy Cheap Domain Name
People are already looking for register a cheap domain name. However, each?domain registrar charge different on different domain extension. For example, 1and1 offers cheap domain on .com and .net extension, however people could get a .us domain from GoDaddy at a lower price. It’s time consuming to check the price from each domain registrar.
So, how to quickly buy cheap domain??Today, we will introduce the most ease-to-use and popular Domain Search tool from HostUCan, which could definitely help on this question.
Buy Cheap Domain with HostUCan Domain Search Tool
This tool is released by HostUCan at https://www.hostucan.com/domain, a well-known platform that is also committed to offering webmaster tools, web hosting reviews, coupons and tutorials to webmasters.
It comes with fresh and direct interface, and it gives users options of domain extensions, including .com, .net, .org, .info, .me, .biz, .us,.co, .co.uk, ?.ca, .cc, .mobi, .ws, .asia, .tv, .name and etc.
By entering the desired domain name, check off the wanted domain extensions, and then click “Look up”, users will see the information of available domains, and reference prices from leading domain registrars like 1and1, GoDaddy, NameCheap, NetworkSolutions, IMHosted and etc.
In addition, the Search Domain tool will also tell users which domains are already registered. By intuitive contrast, users are able to find the cheapest domain. More user-friendly, they can go the relevant company to register the domain name by click the “register” directly.
The Search Domain tool is extremely convenient, and it gives intuitive information to users. For people who is going to register a domain name, but do not know how to make it at the cheapest price, they can completely take benefits from this Search Domain tool. If you plan to buy a cheap domain, check out this tool now at https://www.hostucan.com/domain.
Top 5 Cheap Domain Registrars
For any webmaster or business, after getting all the website ideas ready, the next important step is to register a domain name.
Diffident domain registrars offer domain services at different prices. In the market, the domain register fee usually ranges from free to $35 or more per year. To help people save efforts, here, we introduce top 5 cheap domain registrars who provide reliable registration service at cheap prices.
GoDaddy ($11.99 Per Year)
GoDaddy (www.godaddy.com) is one of the largest domain registration companies in the world, and it has already built a big and strong customer base by providing a wide selection of domains and cheap deals.
Its domain registration service includes what amounts to a free mini-hosting solution. Customers can get five-page website based on one of GoDaddy’s templates, photo album, blogging tool and an email account. Besides, it also offers affordable transfer service, which only charges $7.95.
1and1 ($4.99 Per Year)
As the leading provider of domain name registration and transfer service in the market, 1and1 (www.1and1.com) now offers huge discounts on the first year of its reliable domain registration services.It makes the price only starts from $4.99 per year.
1and1 not only provides customers with free private domain registration, but also delivers them easier domain transfer, mobile access as well as 24/7 friendly supports. Compared to many other companies, 1and1 does not charge an ICANN fees.
NameCheap ($9.98 Per Year)
NameCheap (www.namecheap.com) focuses on delivering customers cheap and reliable domain registration service. At the same time, it also builds reputation value-added solution and friendly customer service.
Being NameCheap customers, people can get solid WhoisGuard privacy protection service ($2.88 value), great DNS performance, URL forwarding, free email, free domain transfers and free & customizable domain parking, etc. The average domain price of NameCheap is at only $9.98 per year.
Name.com ($9.99 Per Year)
Name.com (www.name.com) is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar that offers simple domain name searches and alternative suggestions. Through the market, the company takes a big position due to its competitive pricing domain service and premium supports.
One of its highlights is called Domain Grabber, and it is great to customers whose desire domain is unavailable. With Domain Grabber service, Name.com to pounce on the domain should it become available, and the price generally between at $20 to $50.
Network Solutions ($24.99 Per Year)
Established in 1979, Network Solutions (www.networksolutions.com) is another popular and reliable company for people to register domain names. It now serves over 350,000 websites and around 7 million domain names.
With its special discount, the domain registration fee of Network Solutions domain service is billed at $24.99/year, also the email accounts starts from $2/mo. Meanwhile, customers can also get features like simple online account management tools and 24/7 real-person customer service.