In this era of internet online presence is must and it is highly needed to reach to a large part of the customers at once. So, every business owners keeps looking for the best tool to build up their website and also keep searching for the best content management system to use in their business website. While users are left with numerous choices for CMS, Drupal is one of the best choice no doubt and certainly it is better than WordPress in many contexts. This will be understood even more clearly if the advantages of Drupal over WordPress are discussed. We will come to that later but it is must to mention before that what is Drupal CMS actually?
What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source content management system that is used to build up various kind of websites including personal, e-commerce, professional and portals, forum, blog etc. If you are tending to create a custom website then this might be one of the best choices for you. It is packed with numerous features which make it best for SEO and it becomes really easy to implement all the basic and needed SEO strategies.
Just building a website to advertise the products and services is not enough rather as a business owner you need to ensure that the created website is SEO friendly to get high ranking which will automatically fetch more viewers and thus contribute to the ultimate revenue. While we all know that WordPress the most popular CMS is SEO friedlly it is must to mention that Drupal too is definitely SEO friendly and this is discussed below why Drupal is SEO friendly.
Reasons why Drupal is called SEO friendly
Custom creation of content:
This content management system is designed to handle numerous pages of content easily and these do not require any technical knowledge. New content type can be created hassle free and the good thing is you are not required to write any code for that. Also the content can be made to display in various ways using the CCK (content construction kit).
Clean URL structure:
The URL has a great role to play in the SEO ranking and this is one reason why Drupal is called SEO friendly. This CMS let you handle the URL structure so that custom URL can be given to every content item while the users can also automate the custom URL structure for every different content type. For best
The URL has a great role to play in the SEO ranking and this is one reason why Drupal is called SEO friendly. This CMS let you handle the URL structure so that custom URL can be given to every content item while the users can also automate the custom URL structure for every different content type. For best result you can activate the clean URL which can be done in the following way.
- First go to the administrator> configuration> search and metadata> clean URL
- Now wait for the automated tests
- Next tick the enable clean URLs checkbox as it will be displayed
- Click the option save configuration.
Now you can create the clean URL that will contain the keyword so that the ranking gets better of your website.
Control over page title and meta tag:
Users are left with enough choice to create the page title along with creating any new content while you can also go for defining a page title that is SEO optimized which makes it SEO friendly. Again numerous modules are available in Drupal which offers enough room for customization and offer control over SEO as well.
Allow to edit and make changes anytime:
This content management system comes featured with This content management system comes featured with version which allows you to make any editing and changes anytime they are needed. Also, the new version of a page can be saved after editing by configuring Drupal while you can get back to the older version of any page easily in case the new version did not help you a lot.
Allow you to optimize the site for numerous users:
This CMS is perfect for those who want to grow their website and business soon as this CMS offer extra opportunity for managing multiple users roles. And there is no limit when it comes to the users roles while you can go ahead to add as many community features as possible with time. Also the advanced user management feature is one of the best advantages of Drupal over WordPress, another most popular CMS.
So, these are the reasons why this Drupal CMS is being called as SEO friendly.
Now while comparing this Drupal with another very popular CMS WordPress, many have the idea that Drupal is relatively complex and require more of technical knowledge to use it. But this concept is not true and there are many advantages of Drupal over WordPress. Both the CMS WordPress and Drupal share similar features such as they are open source, free, comes wrapped with loads of plugins and modules for adding additional functionalities. Then what makes Drupal the best choice while both are SEO friendly. Here are some reasons to opt Drupal over WordPress.
- Functionality: If you are looking for something that comes with more functionality then Drupal is always preferred over WordPress. This CMS might be said as complex but the reason to say so is its loads of functionalities which generally makes it more complex over WordPress. Content types, blocks, taxonomies, site admin, content editing, access to private content etc are some of the stuff that can be enjoyed in this CMS.
- Flexible: Drupal offers enough room for customization when it comes to plugins and theme and thus makes it flexible while compared with other similar CMS such as WordPress. In case of WordPress lots of free and paid themes and plugins are available while most of the themes of Drupal are designed for custom development.
- Security: Security is one of the biggest concern and fortunately this is maintained highly in Drupal. If you are using Drupal 8, the latest version, security is offered at the utmost level so that the website owner can be enough relaxed about the security and safety of their content.
- Ease of use: It is true that Drupal is bit complex compared to WordPress and requires a bit of technical knowledge but once you learn how to use it, things will become much easier and you will find no difficulties at all in using this Drupal CMS.